1900 Addison Street
1900 Addison Street is a designated City of Berkeley Landmark Building, originally designed by local Berkeley architect S.G. Jackson. The building was constructed in 1927 for the Scandinavian Vasa Order Framat Lodge #405. It is a Classical Revival style brick building with terra cotta detailing and trim.
Our office was retained to update and bring visibility to this forgotten structure. The existing ground floor metal storefront fenestration was redesigned with wood elements to re-establish the 1927 construction. In addition, a new signage and graphics program was developed in order to bring life to the street frontage. The building was renovated for City of Berkeley offices and is now in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.